Friday, January 31, 2014

Operation Kill Fat Ben Update #1

The goal is to add (or remove) something from my life every month in hopes that small changes will shift me from 235 pounds to 185 pounds by the end of 2014. Thanks to your input, I've figured out my 12 steps.

Discipline is saying no to what you want right now so you can have what you need down the road!

January--No Fast food (Haven't touched it. It's been tempting a couple times. It's been convenient a few other times. But resolve is the name of the game!

February-- Work out for 30 minutes four times a week. It begins this next week. I've gotten in the habit of going early...6 a.m. or so. It's the best time for me, but I have to go to bed at a decent time or my alarm clock does not win the morning battle.

March-- 1/2 a gallon of water every day. This is going to be hard.

April-- Goodbye Mountain Dew and all caffeinated beverages. This is going to be harder.

May-- Get 7 hours of sleep each night.

June-- Find a doctor and a dentist in my community and schedule appointments for both.

July-- Research and begin taking vitamins

August-- Eat a salad every day as a meal (not as a side dish)

September-- Daniel Fast for 21 days

October-- Run the Columbus Half Marathon for a cause.

November--Increase workout to 5 times a week for 30 minutes a day.

December-- Weigh in and say no to all sweets!

End of January weigh in is 226 pounds! Not a bad start! Plenty of work to be done!

2 comments:

Cindy Penrod said...

Congrats on your first baby step! I like your 12-step plan... looks wise and do-able. YOU CAN DO IT with God's enablement. We are with you all the way.

Mama Karen said...

When you are ready for vitamins, talk to me. I take hands down the best vitamins in the world. They are made by DoTERRA. Along with that I use essential oils for pretty much most of of my issues. Natural and would probably help Chaia too! Let me know when you are ready and we can talk :)