Grandma Penrod started a list of small things that were taking place to set up a Miracle in Chaia's heart.
I wanted to do a list this morning while Chaia and mama are grinning at each other.
Because our need for God in the good times is just as great as our need for Him in the bad times.
So off the top of my head, I'm shooting for 25 little things that have gotten us to today.
1. Thankful that Chaia is off the Bair Hugger which means she can regulate her own temperature.
2. Thankful that we got transported to Cleveland Clinic, where a geneticist who specializes in rare genetic diseases worked and had read about GACI.
3. Thankful that the director of nurses in the ICU has never seen a room like Chaia's. She's worked here for 30 years.
4. Thankful that the third extubation has been the charm so far.
5. Thankful for finger puppets.
6. Thankful for Ronnie Mac's where we've had a place to escape and even met some new friends. Thankful for you all paying for our room through November and into December.
7. Thankful that Chaia has responded well to three blood transfusions.
8. Thankful that Chaia has been able to continue to take mama's milk and has the thunder thighs to prove it.
9. Thankful that the pomidronate has been tolerated well by Chaia's body and is hopefully reversing the calcification as we speak.
10. Thankful 35 states, 9 countries and 6 continents praying for this little warrior (Welcome on board Australia and Nepal!)
11. Thankful that all indications are that her heart damage has been contained and isn't continuing to expand.
12. Thankful that Chaia's ART-Line did what it needed to. Thankful for Dr. Wendorf at Akron Childrens who was successfully able to get it in.
13. Thankful for the nurses at Akron Childrens and Cleveland Clinic who do more than put in shifts...they enter in and walk with us. They even pray for us.
14. Thankful for the Seattle Seahawks (who'd have ever thought anyone in their right mind would say that?)
15. Thankful for gummy grins while intubated which apparently doesn't happen very often. And now gummy grins with CPAP, which doesn't happen very often either.
16. Thankful for the PIC Line in Chaia's arm that has worked well.
17. Thankful we are off the Epinephrine
18. Thankful that God has counted us worthy of such a thing as this.
19. Thankful for Gungor. That their new album has echoed in our hearts and brought hope to hopeless places.
20. Thankful for Bombarding the Heavens...and all those who made that night so powerful.
21. Thankful for our families who have walked with us through the valleys and rejoiced with us on the mountain tops, in the hospital and across the country.
22. Thankful that this disease hasn't touched Chaia's brain...with me as her dad...she already is at a disadvantage in the brain department...we need all the help we can get in that area.
23. Thankful for God's Word that brings verses like Ezekiel 36:26 into our lives at just the right time.
24. Thankful for the meals and Au Bon Pain gift cards and financial gifts that have been given to us...Thankful for friends doing our laundry, cleaning our house, bringing our mail, doing our financial aid paperwork/advocacy.
25. Thankful that Jesus has conquered the grave and that means the worst things are never the last things.