Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Humble Pie

Was listening to the Indians White Sox game last night on the radio as we drove home from Wing Night with the Young Adults.

Tom Hamilton, the best baseball announcer in the game said something that I felt was specifically for me at just the right time...He was talking about baseball...but the conviction I felt was about ministry.

He said, Baseball is a game that is full of people that are being humbled or about to be humbled.

I feel this truth far more significantly in the context of ministry. Either I'm being broken or crushed...or I will be broken and crushed soon.

The more I've been walking with God, the more I realize the depth of my wickedness and the grace of the cross that goes even deeper still.

We need to leave room for the crushing.

No comments: