Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Woah Nellie!

Can't believe its time to return to Kenya! We will be heading out on Monday (Memorial Day) and will spend 2 weeks on the ground with our friends in Kenya. I am really looking forward to seeing Pastor Ben while over there! He is a good man who embodies gentleness and humility in some neat ways.

I am excited for the team we have going over there who will focus on AIDS prevention awareness, micro-enterprise solutions and just connecting relationally with some people who have experienced a great deal.

I am excited to get out of the routine. I love Mark Batterson's idea regarding a pretty important equation:

change of pace + change of place = change of perspective.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get into tunnel mode/ survival mode, where its just about getting the next big event or task accomplished. I am hoping and praying that Kenya will revitalize and renew my heart. Will you pray along side me for that to happen.

Have no worries, I intend to blog while in Kenya...you can still get your fix of mediocre ideas, bad grammar, and a Mighty God.

No comments: