Thursday, February 25, 2010

Going for gold

I really hadn't gotten too excited about the Olympics...with the running joke leading in to Vancouver that they wouldn't have snow...and then the apparent torch lighting malfunction...combined with the fact that there isn't one thing in Winter Olympics that I can even remotely participate in...I mean at least in the summer olympics there is basketball and swimming...things I can do. But skating...skiing...snowboarding...I got nothing.

I'll be honest though, I've gotten more intrigued by some of the story lines than I expected. Really curious to see how the Men's Hockey pans out and the Men's Nordic Combined was surprisingly entertaining. Tonight, I'm watching the ladies figure skating...that's right...don't judge me.

The pressure that is on each of these women is immense...and for the most part they knocked it out of the park.

As a gold medalist myself (I have won the last two Back Yard Olympic golds in Croquet), I understand the pressure of laying it all on the line, so I fully understand what they went through.

As the Olympics wind down, what's the one sport or event that has caught your attention?

1 comment:

Wood said...

WHY IS CURLING ON EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE CHANNEL? WHY DO I SIT AND WATCH IT EVERY TIME I SEE IT EVEN THOUGH I DONT UNDERSTAND THE RULES? WHY AM I SHOUTING?