Sunday, November 30, 2008

10 Reasons My Wife is Cool

10. She worked at 3 a.m. on Black Friday at Kohls.
9. She organized and ran the EDGE Sunday Worship band, which did a great job and sparks some neat potential for an ecumenical young adult service in the next few months!?
8. In the midst of this crazy week, she put together a great pasta dish to take to Billy's house as a housewarming present.
7. She gets me ice when my face gets mangled playing football.
6. She has worked a total of about a bajillion jobs to get me through undergrad and now seminary. (All of them overworked her and underpaid her or failed to honor promises made up front.)
5. After a long and tiring day that started at 5 a.m. for us, I came home and wore comfy clothes...she came home and went to work.
4. I like to talk to her...She's funny.
3. In the midst of a chaotic and stressful morning, she set her purse down, got her leg caught in the strap and about bit the dust before we got out the door. Comic Relief Anyone?
2.She has put her passions of cooking and singing on the backburners so that I can get a diploma.
1.She gets my affinity for Browns culture.

Shaina, you will read this when you get home from work. I will be at bball. I like you and I dig your chili.
B-Smooth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the love Mr. Thompson! I would do anything to answer the Lord's call and I would do anything to get you to where He wants you to be! We have a great ministry ahead of us! I love you! Now everyone reading this comment can puke.

Anonymous said...

Ben, thanks for the name suggestion. I don't know if you're a Seinfeld fan or not, but whenever I hear that name, I think of the Chinese Restaurant episode where the manager says "Cartwright" instead of "Costanza". That and of course, the big man in the middle, Bill Cartwright.

Anonymous said...

puking is right!!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwww