5 things that are great about being Chaia's dad
1. Every time I come home from work, meetings, etc, I am greeted by this excited chant of "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" and she runs over and hugs my legs. That never gets old.
2. I have begun allowing her to earn her keep. She is slowly taking over my responsibilities as dish washer, and dishwasher loader and unloader. Next? Mowing the grass by age 4.
3. I got home the other day and gave her my phone to get her to lay down to change her pants. She said "I miss you sooooo much." Made my heart melt. Then I realized she was talking to my phone.
4. She is hilarious around other kids. She is very tentative. Not a risk taker. Adventure's not her thing. (She's had plenty of adventure for a lifetime!) But when she sees another kid go down the slide at the playground or go across the monkey bars or swing really high, she cheers and claps for them. Encouragement is oxygen to the soul and she adds life where ever she goes.
5. It's not often that you get to have a front row seat to a literal miracle. Her heart is being wakened to life and the opportunity for ours to do the same is happening in large part because of a little girl with lashes to the moon and a genuine heart to melt the cynic.
Hope you had a great Father's day weekend.
I know I did!