Saturday, April 28, 2012

Barney

I was in Acts 11 this morning and just struck by Barnabas, who was named this by the disciples because he was 'a son of encouragement'.

We need Barneys in our life.

Because if you're like me, the glass isn't always half full.

I find that my hopefulness and optimism and joy are continually being threatened by evil, despair and the pain of circumstances.

But it is those who encourage who breathe life.

It made me think of this.




Encouragement brings light in the darkest of night so that joy can sing loudest in the midst of the storm.

So if you are prone to despair, you need to position yourself around people who give life rather than steal life away. Find a Barnabas.

But even more important, go and be a Barnabas.

There are a lot of people who are merely trying to 'survive' this life.

Breathe life in them.

With them.

To them.

For them.

Because there is more to this than surviving the day.

Go out of your way to breathe life to three people today...

And see what hope can do.

2 comments:

Grandma Cindy said...

Yes, Lord!! Make me a Barney. Let me be Your channel to bless, lift, encourage, love. Let me be 'light in the darkness'. When people look into my eyes, let them see Jesus. When folks feel my touch, let them feel the Savior. When dear ones hear my words, let them hear what's in Your heart. Fill me up and pour me out. I want to be used by You. Amen.

Kimberly Fisher said...

I needed this. We are packing up the house today!