So my days and nights are somewhat inverted to help with overnight feeds for Chaia. Having to do something at 12,1,3,4 and 6 does not allow for great sleeping...I run the night shift so Shaina can sleep...then I sleep from 6 a.m. until noon.
Here's what I'm thinking tonight:
1. Shaina has three teams to my one team left in our NFL Super Bowl date bet. I have the Patriots. Shaina has the field. I don't like that I have to root for Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck...but I will do it anyway.
2. We were informed that Chaia will not have to return for a check up for 3 weeks to the Cleveland Clinic, at which point, she will see the geneticist and we will get some news back from some DNA testing done in Germany on Chaia, Shaina and my blood. We were told to expect to be up to the Clinic weekly for quite a while, so this jump to 3 weeks is a pleasant surprise, as they are pleased with Chaia's progress.
3. I am flying out on Sunday to Tennessee for a week long church planting boot camp. It is going to be very strange/hard being away from my ladies for an extended period of time. Pray for us, for Shaina and Chaia to keep on truckin' and for me to survive a pretty demanding week mentally.
4. I wonder how many years it will be until Rosie from the Jetsons is fully operational. It seems like she could do the overnight feeds for Chaia. Where are fully operational robots when you need them most?
5. A woman from my church, named Michelle has a brain tumor that she is having operated on this Monday. She will be intubated, which is always a scary thing. She is young with a young kiddo at home. She needs our prayers. Ask God for His glory to be on display.
6. I am convinced more and more that what we do in the hard moments will either deepen our faith in Christ or derail our faith in Christ. You will suffer loss, pain and hardship at some point. And either we will make much of Him who has made death die, or we won't. Suffering lends the opportunity for a magnifying glass to be placed on the glory and goodness of God. But it is only an opportunity...whether we seize it or miss it is everything.
That's all I've got for now...going to pack up a few boxes while the ladies sleep.