Greetings from Tennessee!
I am at a boot camp for church planters this week, leaving my lovely ladies back in Ohio. I wanted to take a minute to post some updates.
We have begun shifting our gaze from Hospitals and Doctors to Columbus and Church Planting.
Let me make something clear. We do not think it was a coincidence that the very week we began scoping out Columbus and taking initial steps to follow God's calling was the very week that Chaia began to show symptoms and ended up in the ER.
We also do not think it is a coincidence that through Chaia's story, so many new and old acquaintances have joined with her journey, rooting for her, praying for her, rejoicing with us, weeping with us.
So we want you to continue to journey with us as we transition to Columbus.
There are Three Ways that You can be IN with the Thompsons. I will unpack them on here over the next three days in hopes that you will consider what part God is calling you to play.
The first way you can be IN is to INtercede for us in prayer to God every day in 2012. Every Monday Morning (starting with this post), I will have five things to pray for us. This is the most important way you can join us. It is not coincidence that where God is birthing a new movement of His people, the battle is raging fiercest. We need prayer warriors. We don't need well wishers, finger crossers, positive vibe senders...we need people who will take a couple minutes everyday and pray. Many of you are already doing this for Chaia, and the evidence of those prayers is obvious and tangible.
So, if you would reply to this post if you feel like you can be IN with us in this capacity, we are hoping to get 100 people praying daily for this Columbus Plant.
Five Ways to Pray This Week:
1. Pray for my time at Bootcamp. It has the potential to be a real energizing, affirming time. Pray that God would confirm His calling and that I would leave bootcamp with fervor and passion for the Gospel...and toned arm muscles from the push-ups?...oh not that kind of boot camp.
2. Pray for the Thompson ladies. Shaina has some special helpers coming throughout the week to aid in Chaia's care. Pray that Shaina would remain sane, find rest and even be encouraged in her heart this week.
3. Pray for Chaia. She is growing great...But her heart needs to be healed. Her ejection fraction (how much blood is pumped out of the left ventricle) is 17 percent. Normal human heart is around 60%. It's been this way for a few months, but pray that the calcifications would reverse and her heart function would reverse right along with it.
4. Pray for Columbus. Pray for hearts to be readied even now with the Gospel. Pray for those we will meet in the coming months to have a hunger for Christ and a longing to be caught up in something bigger than themselves.
5. Pray for the Management Team. Over the next few weeks, the management team for the church plant will be formed and solidified. They will serve as the initial elders of the church plant and will have a key role in laying out the vision and the DNA of the Church Plant. Pray that the Holy Spirit would give them vision and clarity.
Thanks! Stay tuned for two other ways you can be ALL IN with the Thompsons!