1. Thanks so much for praying for Jack and the family. Monday is a marathon for them beginning early in the morning. Tonight (Sunday), Jack's older sister surprised him (and mom) by flying in to be here for the surgery. Pretty amazing. Not only did we hit and surpass our goal of 100 prayers for Jack, we brought a little taste of Ireland to Cleveland.
2. This is Chaia in her Halloween outfit. We bought this before she got sick. It is hard to believe we are in our 6th week of this crisis. And yet here she is...bumbling around.
3. Our church in Wadsworth wrapped up a series this weekend called CHANGE YOUR WORLD. Everyone in the church was given money, $5000 total...and we were challenged to go out and multiply that money for God's glory. Read Matthew 25 to get an idea. Well the goal was to triple that amount and the preliminary word is that we brought in over $16,000! This money will go to 6 different initiatives. 1. Rebuilding Joplin, Missouri ("For I was a stranger and you welcomed me") 2. Freeing 5 women/girls from human trafficking in Mali Africa ("For I was imprisoned and you came to me.") 3. Clean Water system in Bolivia ("For I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink") 4. Grocery gift cards to help the under resourced in Wadsworth ("For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat") 5. Medicine for a clinic in Sierra Leone Africa ("For I was sick and you cared for me.") 6. And bedding for under resourced families in northeast Ohio ("For I was naked and you clothed me.") At RISE: Bombarding the Heavens, we took Chaia's $5 and asked you to help her multiply it. She turned her $5 that night into $650!
4. We have a long road ahead of us here at the Clinic. If Chaia continues to hang on, I think we are looking at weeks if not months. Time will tell. We couldn't do this without you guys walking with us. This can feel incredibly lonely at times but then we see the support on this blog and on facebook and the visitors and the mail and we are able to hang on.
5. Jesus is LORD. A friend referred me back to this post that I wrote on here in February, while Shaina was pregnant with Chaia. He has been preparing our hearts for this moment for months and years and I say now with all that is in me. Jesus is Lord and His fame is our aim. No matter the cost.