10. There is a fish tank on the third floor of the M building. It is Nemo themed with Nemos and Dorys and a pufferfish. There is also a bright blue and purple fish with orange teeth. I kid you not. Neon Orange. Worth coming and seeing even if there is no one in the M floor to visit.
9. The nurses are wonderful on the ICU floor. Allegedly there are rumors that some of them are calling dibs on Chaia as their patient before they come in to work. Chalk it up to the cuteness factor.
8. We have more cards than square footage in our room. You guys are incredible. I actually have a favor to ask. We met a neat family at the Ronald McDonald House. They are from Ireland and are far from home. Their 12 year old, Jack has some serious issues with seizures and they are looking at a fifth brain surgery for him next week. I know they don't have nearly the support and love that we do and I wondered if you could adopt this family for us. If you could send cards in the next couple of days to Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland C/O Jack from Ireland 10415 Euclid Avenue | Cleveland, OH 44106. P.S. He loves professional wrestling (WWE), so if you find a card or toy or something along those lines, fire it his way! Thanks!
7. Chaia is one of the smiliest intubated kids ever to grace Cleveland Clinic.
6. Shaina has had mashed potatoes on her plate for a guinness world record 35 consecutive meals. Not complaining...the hospital food is relatively good and free to breastfeeding moms.
5. Got the bill for the Hospital life flight today. Should I be bothered that I got to Children's faster in my car (disobeying one or two suggested speed signs?) than the helicopter and was 13,000 cheaper in getting there? lol
4. Chaia is still very stable. It is hard to believe when you look at her that anything is wrong. That might be that hardest part of this whole thing.
3. Chaia came to the hospital with 0 bows for her hair. She will leave this hospital with over 30.
2. Verse for the day..."But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the punishment that brought our peace was upon him; and by His stripes we are healed." Is 53:5...There is nothing the cross can't redeem. Not even you or me or Chaia's heart!
1. Shaina and I are so ready to be with the saints and plead and kneel together and bombard the heavens with you on Sunday.