Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Man's Game

In the last month of Shaina's pregnancy, my Man-o-meter is off the charts.

A couple weeks ago, I took apart the bathroom sink and unclogged the drain. Man's Game.

Then, just today, I patched a tire on my cavalier and put it back on the car. Man's Game.

I play basketball every week and golf in the summer. I grow hair at a clip that Best Cuts would drool over...only its not on my head.

If I get much more manly, this blog will be renamed the Testosterone Revolution.

But the manliest thing I can ever do, is honor my wife more than myself. To not belittle her in public or private. To root for her when she takes risks in her faith. To guard her heart when the storms are fierce. To love her as Christ loves the church.

And sometimes, that brings my man-o-meter measurements down a bit.

God help me to be a man after your own heart.

1 comment:

Jeff Honnold said...

Couldn't agree more with honoring your wife being the manliest thing you can do. So sad to see males who do not do this.

And I other item - I think you can up your man card by combining your mad basketball skills with Shaina's pregnancy and create an amazing family memory in the process....the bar is set right here: http://takeyourvitaminz.blogspot.com/2011/04/dunk-of-day_28.html