Saturday, March 5, 2011

Preachin' It



I feel like there is a fire in my bones to preach the Word of God. It's been since Christmas Eve that I last preached so I am getting revved up to lead in worship tomorrow. Because of some changes in schedule, I ended up getting the privilege and challenge of wrapping up the One Prayer Sermon Series at our church.

We have had some really good messages/speakers and if i'm not careful, I can feel the pressure of that and want to make tomorrow about a performance or about a response to my abilities.

I'm preaching my One Prayer for 2011 which is ONE GOD. And the great irony of this whole thing is that I can feel the tensions and temptations of seeking validation, affirmation, approval, etc. which are steering me to little 'g' gods everywhere I look.

The bottom line is that I am satisfied most when God is glorified most in my life.

And so are you.

We are going to make much of Jesus tomorrow! 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 at Wadsworth UMC.

No comments: