Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kingdom Synergy Partnerships

Had the chance to join my friend and mentor John in Columbus today to meet with an organization called KSP, who has a vision to plant 100 churches by 2020, predominantly in Ohio and internationally.

I love the vision this group has. Healthy churches coming together to partner, resource, invest and plant new churches for God's renown. Churches planted in Cleveland, Canton and Cincinnati came together to share their progress, victories and challenges.

It is amazing what God can accomplish when no one cares who gets the credit.

I mentioned a few weeks back that Ohio has 3 of the top 20 most miserable cities in the country and posed the question...how does the church respond?

This is an answer...in the midst of darkness...poverty...brokeness...crime...pain...need...the church is born anew.

I am so thankful for the heart that God is giving in me for the Church. I used to despise Her, question Her, and belittle Her...but I am beginning to trust Her and love Her and want to join Her where she is alive and kicking.

Said it before, but I like Perry Noble's words "Those who claim to love Jesus but hate the Church are booing the bride on her wedding day and the groom is not okay with that."

Yes the church is blemished...broken...shortsighted...insert adjective you'd like here ______________________.

But the church is still the bride that Christ has chosen and that makes Her glorious, beautiful and filled with potential to change the world.

No comments: