Monday, February 28, 2011

Hour 26.5 of Prayer Vigil

Well, we appear to have an unbroken chain of prayer so far. (I think!) We have entered the second day. It is neat to see a car trickle in every hour over night to pray. It pumps me up to think of this prayer vigil in comparison to Nehemiah. The idea of having someone constantly 'manning the walls'...standing in the gap to protect and battle for the people of God. Very cool.

I seem to hit various walls in my ability to concentrate and be productive on these overnights. Case in point, I was making really strong progress on sermon and then hit a wall that has me on fumes.

Keep praying for this journey for Wadsworth UMC! We are being stretched. I am excited to bring the closing message to this sermon series on Sunday. As usual I am feeling inadequate to bring the freight and weight of the message that God is stirring in my heart.

Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is ONE.

No comments: