Sunday, February 27, 2011

120 Hours of Prayer

Churches do 24 hour prayer vigils. Some ambitious churches do 48 hour prayer vigils.

But I'm not sure I've ever heard of a church going before God's throne for 5 straight days. I am really excited for what God will do in this last week of the One Prayer Series.

One of my privileges is to be on night duty for this journey. So I'm at the church all this week from midnight to 7 a.m.

God mark your church in this season of calling on your name...and let your answers be wiser than the prayers we pray!

One of the cool parts of this experience is that the young adults who are off at school get to be a part of the prayer vigil. So on Wednesday of this gig, 24 college and career folk will be going for it in prayer from all over the state and country. Pretty stinkin' sweet.

I have two tasks this week during my overnights. Finish a sermon and create a meaningful video that captures the One Prayer experience.

Here goes nothing.

No comments: