Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good Leaders are Good Readers

I will post all the books I've read in 2010 with some reflections on them in December. But right now I've got two books going that are pretty powerful. I'm reading Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life"...and he talks about retiring at age 48 and playing softball, golf and yachting in Florida as a wasted life. Powerful...convicting...Motivating.

The second book is called "Generation iY" by Tim Elmore. Maybe one of the more insightful books on generational trends and young adult ministry I've ever read. I really, whole-heartedly agree with the reviews that every parent, teacher and mentor of anyone born from 1990 on has to read this book...before you screw up your kid "by helping them" and before you mess up leadership and culture for years to come.

Also have read some interesting articles from a magazine called Neue.

Next on my list is probably linchpin by business tycoon, blogger extraordinaire and popular author, Seth Godin.

What are you reading right now? And should I be reading it too?

No comments: