Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Morning Reflections

I preached yesterday. Everybody asks afterwards how it went. I don't know how to respond...I can't tell if things land...if God encounters...if people are comatose. So I usually respond "Well, no one threw anything at me..." No one threw anything at me yesterday...Here are a couple things I'm still hanging out on a day after the message fom Ephesians 4:1-16. Title of the message was MORE MATURITY.

Maturity has little or nothing to do with age.

Are we righteous because we do right things or do we do right things because we are righteous? (If you answer the former...you've missed the gospel!)

Paul's ORTHODOXY (Right Worship) precedes his ORTHOPRAXY (Right Action)...Too many in the church are only concerned with behavior modification (Orthopraxy) and have missed the point of the kingdom...namely to Worship and align ourselves with the most high king of kings.

Tradition is the living faith of those now dead. Traditionalism is the dead faith of those now living. --Charles Swindoll

Speaking the Truth in love means gently letting those you know and love when their breath stinks.

You are a producer of worship not a consumer of worship...start acting like it.

I get very irritated when I hear of people leaving churches because "they are not being fed" Mature Christians don't need a 20 minute message on Sunday mornings to be fed...They feast from the hand of the Feeder all week. It's time to GROW UP!

Want to grow in Christ? FOCUSED INTENSITY OVER TIME MULTIPLIED BY GOD = MOMENTUM!!!
F.I./T(G) = M

No comments: