Friday, July 23, 2010

The Biggest Day in the Sports Year



It has finally come...the day you've all been waiting for all year. Saturday at 7:00 a.m. the 3rd annual Legends Cup will be fought for.

In case you have been oblivious to the world you live in, the Legends Cup is an 8 v 8 golf competition that is Ryder Cup Style. My 8 take on my buddy Scott's 8 to seek to grab bragging rights (and the Legends Cup) for the next year. So far my team won the inaugural event and Scott stole it from us last year (with what will ever be known as the "handicap conspiracy".) Tomorrow it boils down to 27 holes of fury...9 scramble...9 best ball...9 individual ball.

I've called in my uncles Jim and Rick...who won the title in year one and took hiatus last year. I've got my two shining stars from last years debacle, Jeff and Bruce coming back. I've got two young guns, Jon and Matt, weighing in at a combined weight of 170 pounds and then I've got my buddy Todd and myself. (I paired myself with the best golfer on the course...why you might ask? Because I'm not a moron.)

Thankfully its only supposed to be mid 90s and humid and I will have gotten at best 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

Bring it.

No comments: