Tuesday, November 24, 2009

remember me?

It's been a while. I needed a hiatus. Not to mention I've had some ridiculous stomach issues over the last 3 days that have left me without appetite for food...for blogging...for anything really. I have an appetite now...but everytime I eat something my body punishes me for it haha.

Anyways, Chuck Swindoll's talk at Catalyst was definitely the surprise of the conference. Here are his 10 Ministry Lessons from his lifetime in ministry:

1. It’s lonely to lead.
Leadership involves tough decisions.
2. It’s dangerous to succeed.
Very gifted, Very competent, Very young…= Very Dangerous. It takes crushing/failure/disappointment.
3. It’s hardest at home.
Nobody at home is applauding you.
4. It’s essential to be real.
If there is one realm that phoniness is the norm…its among church leaders.
Stay Real!
5. It’s painful to obey.
God will ask you to do things that are not your choice.
6. Brokenness and Failure are Necessary
”Contrary to what might be expected, I look at experiences that at the time seemed especially desolating and painful with particular satisfaction. Indeed, I can say with complete truthfulness that everything that I have learned, everything that has truly enhanced and enlightened my existence has been through affliction and not through happiness…” (Leads us to the cross.)
7. My Attitude is More Important than My Actions
”Some of you are getting hard to be around.”
Whining/Complaining overshadow actions.
8. Integrity Eclipses Image
What we do behind the scenes matters most.
9. God’s way is better than my way
We are just too capable. Sometimes we pull it off in our flesh…That’s when the crushing begins.
Empty your hands so you can receive God’s blessing
10. Christ-likeness begins and ends with Humility
He is meek and lowly at heart. Come to Him. And you will find rest.

No comments: