Friday, February 27, 2009

New Album

The last time I bought a new album was forever ago. For my whole seminary career we have had the services of Ruckus, who without notice shut down a few weeks ago. There went all my free music access.

When I was in high school I spent an insane amount of money on cds. Anything from KISS and Black Sabbath to Smashing Pumpkins and Goo Goo Dolls to DeAnna Carter to Outkast. True story, I had a couple hundred cds of all off the hook music of the day. I even spent 12 bucks on OMC just to own the song "How Bizarre" haha. When I became a Christian, I started to recognize that the music I listened to had a profound influence on my mood and attitude.

The Lord really started to press on me the significant cost that was involved in following him. I decided on the night that I was baptized (by my grandpa, the only righteous guy named O.J. I know) that I needed to get rid of my cds. So with the help of my youth group friends, we had a snapping party. CD after CD, snapped in half and thrown in the trash. Painful.

Nowadays I look for music that is distinctly and creatively hopeful. So I just spent 10 bucks on an album called "Closer to the Start" by Fellowship Church. I have posted one of their songs in the past, here . I am pumped.

Two ways you can go with this one...
1.What is following Christ costing you these days? or
2.Best cd or artist you know of in the "distinctly and creatively hopeful category."?

No comments: