Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dear Mrs. Pro Life Ballot Lady

Dear Pro Lifer,
I have noticed recently that the word Evangelical no longer has much to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ but instead has a lot to do with a social/political agenda. I don't blame you for this, but I do blame you when one issue, namely abortion causes you to check all Republican boxes on your ballot. It seems like being pro life for the unborn child yet pro capital punishment makes you a little hypocritical doesn't it? It seems like praying outside abortion clinics and then praying for God to bless our troops in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan... (rather than blessing the troops of the enemy...didn't some dude say we should be praying for our enemies?)...it seems that doesn't line up. It seems like when you vote a republican ticket that is allegedly 'pro-life', shouldn't it have more of a anti-poverty stance?

After all, you are advocating life right? Don't the electric chair, the AK-47 and the unjust distribution of wealth and taxation all lead to a cessation of life? Yet you are so passionate, with your 'abortion kills' tee shirts, your creative signs, disturbing images and million man marches (which all, by the way...don't offer much grace or healing to those struggling through the aftermath of a decision to end the life of their unborn child). I admire your passion and I believe the cause is an important one, but maybe you should be called something else...Pro-baby birth? Anti-infanticide? I'm sure you could come up with something more pithy. Just wanted to say 'hey'.

Your pro-life, non-partisan, largely apolitical, friend,

Ben

p.s. I don't sound very apolitical do I? haha.

Ok, sound off...you hate me yet? Want me dead? That's not a very pro-life attitude! haha. What do you think?

No comments: