10 Valuable Lessons from the NYC
1. 15 hour work days are lame no matter which state you're in.
2. Pastor Jerry and Snoop Dawg are an interesting combination .
3. Showering via a rubber hose in a church parking lot in front of all of the passersbys of NYC really forces you to get past your self-conscious feelings of tubbiness in a bathing suit.
4. Toys R Us sits on a throne of lies. It really isn't a place where a kid can be a kid.
5. Phantom of the Opera is not a comedy.
6. It is amazing what happens when you treat a person as if they have dignity and they really matter (something lost in the NYC culture).
7. If you sit outside on the street at 11 p.m. people will come up and ask you for drugs.
8. Stupid Ninja is a great game no matter which state you're in.
9. "Undignified" may have to be shelved for a couple months before I will mind hearing/singing it again.
10. God honors those who go. He drew the group together in some impactful ways and maybe for the first time, Shaina and I feel like we've "broken in" to the community of W.U.M.C.
More to come later!