Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prince Caspian


Shaina and I went with our church to see Prince Caspian tonight. First of all, kudos to the team that put this together! $6 for the movie a popcorn and a drink...felt like I was back in the good ol' days of 1994.

The movie was really good. I don't know if I had my theological thinking cap on or what but there were some really powerful things in this film. There is a line when Lucy and Aslan are reunited where Lucy says "You have grown" and Aslan (God) responds, "I grow as you do." I really had to think about that. I think as I have matured in my faith, my childlike trust and understanding of God's vastness has lessened. I have seen God work in certain ways and so I conclude that "God must be like this..." Maybe it's important to take another line out of this dialogue in which Aslan says that he does not work in the same way twice.

Anyways, the movie is better than the first...better action...more gut-wrenching scenes, all while including the same deep spiritual metaphors as the original.

Well that's enough for now. Suffice it to say that I really encourage you to watch this movie, though there are a couple parts that might not sit well with younger kids. If they do watch, just make sure to have dialogue with them to make sure they understand that in the end, God wins.

No comments: