Sunday, April 13, 2008

Authentic Community

I'm stuck on those two words. My wife and I have been around a lot of people in our five years of marriage. We have had moments of fun, fellowship, grieving, laughter, blessing, cursing, healing and hurting. We have tried at times to be honest, open, transparent (maybe semi-transparent?). Quite frankly, we have been burned and betrayed at times.

What is authentic community? What does it take to have authentic community? What does the Bible say about this type of community? Is it attainable in a sin-laden world amongst sin-laden people?

We are wrestling with this in the Edge. (Well at least I am wrestling with it and forcing everyone else to hear about it.) We had a really solid discussion and I have some ideas formulating in my head about what this could look like. Stay tuned...I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as I process this.

No comments: