Monday, February 4, 2008

super bowl

Last night was the Super Bowl. I was mostly disinterested, because I don't care for either of the East Coast media mogul sports nations (New York/Boston). But I don't like the Pats, particularly Bill Belicheck, so, being a good American citizen, I watched the game, partook of the commercials (big fan of Shaq as a jockey!) Anyways, it turned out to be one of the best Super Bowls ever. New York, a heavy underdog upset the Pats with some last minute drama, including a play that will go down as one of the most remarkable in all playoff lore. Eli Manning, apparently sacked by 7 different Patrios, escapes launches downfield and its caught with one hand and one helmet.

I'm a big sports nut so I enjoyed the thrill-filled ending and David slaying Goliath (had to incorporate the Mustard Revolution somehow right?) No deep insights into life, faith or any other meaningful endeavor. It was just a fun game and a good opportunity to spend time with friends.

I'm preaching this Wednesday at the Ash Wednesday service. I am excited. Just need to spend the rest of my afternoon seeking God's face in what I should share. Have a great week!

No comments: