Here's how you can pray for the 614.
Just a few facts about Columbus that you may or may not know.
- It's the 15th largest city in the United States with just under a million residents.
- Has one of the largest universities in the country (The Ohio State University)...apparently they won some big football thing this past year. In addition to the Big Ten school, there is a large number of other universities as well, (Otterbein, Capital, CCAD, Columbus State, Ohio Dominican, to name a few)
- A recent study found that Columbus is the second-most economically segregated big city in the U.S. (second to Austin, Texas)
- 105 new immigrants come to Columbus each week and 1 out of every 14 residents were born outside the U.S.
- We will soon be electing a new mayor (May 5th 2015 is the primary and November 3rd 2015 is the general election)
- Human trafficking remains a huge problem, in Ohio alone an estimated 1,100 children are trafficked each year.
I invite you to pray for 4-5 minutes on each of the 7 Summits of Cultural Influence in the City. Take time to reflect on how each of these are at work in Columbus and pray for God to bring about His Kingdom through His people in each of these spheres!
4. ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT