Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 18th!!!!!!

"Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure" --DL Moody

There have been some important moments in this journey of church planting to date, but I believe with everything in me that there is no more pivotal a crossroads than August 18th.

At 11 a.m. we will gather at Worthington Christian Church (8145 North High Street, Columbus OH 43235) and be sent out two by two to circle the city and the campus in prayer.

I know we have asked a good deal of all of you over the months since we first entered the hospital, but in many ways this is a culminating moment in this journey. Mark Batterson writes about daily moments and defining moments in The Circle Maker and talks about how it is the few, key defining moments of our lives that shape us toward eternity. I believe with all my heart this is a defining moment for City Campus Church and the Thompson family.

How cool is it that we can pray together that day for God to birth a new movement of His bride? I am convinced that our success is not based on our passion, our vision, our leadership or our good fortune. It is based on our prayers.

In 2011 over 200 people came together and bombarded the Heavens, pleading for Chaia to live. She is still here and defying odds every day.

Call me greedy, but witnessing God's miraculous intervention does not just make me grateful...It makes me hungry for more.

So join Shaina, Chaia and I in this pivotal and defining moment in pleading with God to unleash His church in Columbus. Take plane, train or automobile and come pray with us!

August 18th
11:00 a.m. at Worthington Christian Church
1:00 p.m. we will regather at Worthington CC to celebrate/debrief/worship and eat some lunch together.

If you're on facebook, you can sign up here

Otherwise, sign up by emailing info@citycampuschurch.com

No comments: