Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Times!

So, this week has been a rollercoaster, which I will get to in my next post.

But, last night was a pretty cool night.

Our couples small group from this past summer surprised us with tickets to Gungor last night. Gungor was a really big reason we survived the hospital with Chaia. Their album came out the same week Chaia began to have symptoms, and song after song gave us hope and faith to hold on to.

And you might remember our friend Courtney stalking them in North Carolina and getting this for us:


So last night, Shaina and I had a romantic dinner holding hands at Wendy's and then went to see them at a cool little venue called the Auricle in Canton.



I've said it before, but Gungor is one of the most refreshing Christian music options I've encountered. They combine theologically rich lyrics with amazingly talented musicianship and they flat out make my ears giddy.

Anyways, we got home to find that our small group also got Shaina a bike for when we get to Columbus. We traded in our two vehicles to go down to one, so now Shaina can be mobilized if I'm out somewhere for the day.

Let me get on my soapbox for 2 sentences. We belong in community where we know others deeply and are known by others deeply. If you're not connected or too busy, you are cheating yourself of spiritual encouragement, support, and character development.

Shout out to Jay and Brandie, Jake and Holland, Seth and Sarah, Scott and Angie and Tim and Nicole. You guys are great. Thanks for the date night and the new wheels!

No comments: