Monday, April 16, 2012

Ends and New Beginnings

How to pray this week.

-We are packing packing packing this week. Pray for productive days and restful nights and that a little munchkin we all know lets us have both.

-We are loading Friday night. If you have the evening free and want to help out let me know. We will be providing Old Carolina as our "last supper" in Northeast Ohio for all who help out. Pray that our stuff makes it to Columbus without being stolen or broken. haha.

-We will also say some farewells to friends and family and share the vision of City Campus Church a few more times this week. Pray for the Holy Spirit to compel those He is calling to be IN with the Thompsons.

-And then we move in to our apartment in Columbus on Saturday, so if you're down that way and have a high passion for lifting heavy things, let me know (shooting for noon) and lunch will be provided.

-Chaia is still on the mend...pretty congested...but otherwise pretty hilarious. Pray this week specifically for her little left ventricle to continue to come to life.

If we got all we prayed for immediately, we could have blessings without character. It is persistence and endurance in prayer that takes us to the depths of the goodness and faithfulness of God.

We are seeing this first hand.

Keep bombarding the heavens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, most definitely, will keep bombarding with and for you!!! I stopped to talk to God after the part about Chaia being congested, and thought about what a slow, deliberate healing that I feel He is giving Chaia (and us) in this journey. Months ago, I remember asking God for His will to be done, whatever that may be. I can now clearly see that I have learned more about patience, perseverance, persistence, appreciation, endurance, and love for my children through this whole story of baby Chaia and your struggles. I truly am more aware of my blessings and my ability to trust that His will may not be obvious or immediate, but that it will be done!!! :) Praying for safe packing and travels, a healthy baby to accompany you, and for awesome goodbyes and hellos that will be taking place for you and Shaina this week. Even though moving can be hectic, I hope you all have a GREAT week. Praying in KY.

Joanne Sadlon said...

Ditto anonymous!

MamaMarty said...

Ben, your comment about if "we got all we prayed for immediately...." is so spot on! I have seen that at work in my own life this week!

I continue to pray for all of you. OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL and will provide everything we need every day, if we just allow HIM to work in and through us!