Friday, February 17, 2012

Tiny Words

"The death he died, he died to sin, once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus"
Romans 6:10-11

I've been trudging through Romans for the past few weeks.

And the tiniest of words has a hold on me this morning.

The death Jesus died, he died to sin, once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

To God.

Not for God.

But to God.

For God suggests we're helping Him out...That we are needed. It is less relationship and more action and duty.

To God is about connection...an aligning of my will to God. Everything about me accountable to Him...Lifted To Him. Connected to Him.

I don't speak and live for Him in this world. I speak and live to Him. My audience isn't the crowds of people. I'm not living the faith to them. I'm living to Him. He is the aim. He is the reward. He is it.

We aren't alive for God in Christ Jesus...we are alive to Him.

It insinuates a continual availability, a perpetual shaping, an openness to new movements of His leading.

Tiny words...but substantial impact.

3 comments:

Cindy Penrod said...

Oh, this was so GREAT to read today. God has been revealing Himself to me in tiny but powerful ways lately, and this is the thrust of His message... that I (yes, me) am so precious to Him. I REALLY, REALLY matter to HIM. He wants all of me in deep, intimate connection TO Him. My breath, my thoughts, my motives, my words, my actions, my allegiance... all TO Him. That's the personal Pappa God I love. And He loves and desires me!! So, so thankful to be available, shaped, and connected to Him, because HE IS ENOUGH.

Praying for you all today.
Mom Penrod

Mama Karen said...

Ben, you and Mom Penrod said it so good. Beautiful and thought provoking!

Praying always!

Anonymous said...

Bravo!