Saturday, April 2, 2011

I have no clue what I'm doing

I was thinking about this yesterday. I can feel the baby kicking in Shaina now...That and the biweekly pilgrimage to Babies R Us this week have made it clear that I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. No manual is going to prepare me for this. No 5 steps to parenting book is going to unleash my fathering skills. We looked at cloth diapers which is what we plan to use primarily. We're gonna use the 'G Diapers', which are pretty cool, environmentally friendly and more cost effect. However, I've never changed a diaper. i envision something like this taking place.



Then I think about Jesus and the call he has on my life and yours. And we have no idea what we're doing there either. It's the funniest thing...we have huge conferences where we parade speakers who have no idea what they're doing in front of the masses and they tell you the 3 keys to duplicating their movement in your church. They have no idea how they got there. God just happened to bless their ministry and now they're 'experts'. The reality is in ministry and in life, we have no idea what we're doing! And the quicker that drives us to humility and dependence on God and on others, the better it will go for us.

Your competence and skillset are not nearly as high as you think they are. And that is the best news ever.

No comments: