Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Passion 2011

Passion 2011 is now in the books.

I could tell you about how Louie Giglio and his team pull off one of the most worship driven experiences in the world. I could tell you about how Francis Chan's deep desire for our lives to be congruent with the Bible is still stirring 22,000 young adults. I could tell you about Andy Stanley and bowls of stew, Beth Moore and God's will to transform our minds and set us free, David Platt and his call to the church for obedience, John Piper and his mindnumbing presentation of the gospel and getting to the bottom of our joy, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder, Christy Nockels, Charlie Hall, Kristian Stanfill and company leading people in life giving worship, or I could tell you about how Gungor is quite possibly the most musically and worship inspired Christian musicians I've ever come across...or about how 22,000 college students came together and came up with over 1 million dollars to fund micro-finance in Afghanistan, Compassion adoptions, brain surgeries in Uganda, Sex Trafficking rescue missions in the Philippines, etc. I could tell you about laughter and tears, gas and sleeplessness, hospitality and long van rides.

BUT WHAT I WANT TO TELL YOU IS THAT JESUS IS GLORIOUS. I know people are jaded with church. I know that Christianity often resembles very little, the one they follow. I know that the world is broken. But Jesus is the remedy. I am in love with Christ. He is where all my fountains come from. He is water in desert lands. He is more than enough, more than able, more than I could ask or imagine. He is rescuer, redeemer, restorer. He isn't part of a children's story. He's not my homeboy. He's my king. The king of kings. He is alive, not dead. He is at work, not idle. He is speaking, not silent. And I am desperate for everything in me to be submitted to everything in Him. I want no other message to be on my lips than Him. He is faithful. I want to raise this child Shaina is carrying in such a way that they know nothing of how devoted I am but instead how glorious He is. I want his fame on me. I want my boast to be him alone. I want my fervor to be him alone. I want him to increase and me to decrease. That's what I want to tell you. You will never find life that is sustaining and will echo past your grave apart from Him...But its not primarily about you and I finding our purpose in Him...its in the world finding His glory in us.

Jesus is Lord.

No comments: