Friday, January 21, 2011

Daniel Fast Day Five

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

God is disciplining me on this. Last night during Sweet Hour of Prayer I really felt conviction about being prayerful and thankful through this season.

It's not what we are lacking during this fast, but who we have. There are moments where my concern is on what I'm going to eat for my next meal...but I'm missing the blessing that God is still providing richly for me. In Kenya, when our team went two summers ago, these three kids and others like them had orange hair that was receding. This meant that they were severely malnourished and were eating about an average of one meal every three days. I am eating essentially 5 or 6 small meals a day...and when I'm not in the presence of God, I eat them begrudgingly. God forgive me.



Then, I go to the fridge to get a drink and I have one option, good ol' h2o. And I'm not content. I think I'm suffering. Then I see this add from charity:water a non-profit trying to provide clean water to the world.




Again, its not what we are lacking, but what and Who we have. That is what this is about...I'm getting a swift kick in the pants today from the Lord who wants me to know Him deeper and cast off dependence on food, drinks and substances. If you're in the same boat as me with the struggle for contentment...feel free to receive this kick in the pants too. Press in to Him.

Last night, Jennifer Satink shared a little saying she read on a chocolate wrapper (not doing the Daniel Fast). It said "Blessings come to those who notice."

God give us eyes to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lord is truly with me on this journey...a peace has come over me in this and He is seeing me through potentially tempting situations!!! HE IS AWESOME! One note, I did add the salmon for protein and it did make a huge difference. Jill Parker