Wednesday, June 30, 2010

approaching a milestone

I am a couple weeks away from officiating my first wedding. I am really excited about it because it is for one of my friends, Lauren who was a key person in high school who helped lead me to Christ when the bottom fell out of my life.

I'm sure at some point, weddings will become almost routine and redundant, but I am so pumped and will spend so much time rehashing everything with this over the next two weeks to ensure that I don't blow it!

So, funniest mix up, mishap, or misdemeanor that happened at your wedding?

For Shaina and I it is a close call between me trying to put my wedding band on her and my grandpa having trouble getting "Shaina" right. He went through a long list of Shawna, Shyna, Shana, etc!

The kicker was, one time when we were praying with my grandparents, grandpa said and be with Ben and Sh....and he knew he was in trouble again. Grandma, in the middle of the prayer in as loud and scolding of a whisper as you could imagine says "It's Shaina" and then my grandpa, as cool as the other side of the pillow, simply continues the prayer in his eloquent king james prayer language and says, "Thou Knowest."

Wedding Stories? Lets hear em!

No comments: