Monday, October 12, 2009

Catalyst Day Two

I'm behind in my blogging...what else is new...It has been a whirlwind of a week and this week looks to be even more hectic...but my cup is full and God is good and God is relentless in His love and grace. Here's a few thoughts from the first day of the large gathering at Catalyst (Labs were the day before).

***Andy Stanley

Stanley just brings it in such a practical way. He spoke out a passage that has been meaningful to me from Joshua 5...the moment that Joshua was marked as the leader of Israel. It is not about who is for or against us...it is about who we are for. If my leadership is influenced by my own popularity and likeableness, rather than my delight in God and my humility in leading, then I am off track.

**Jessica Jackley

I went to her lab the day before and she actually shared a good deal of the same material in the big session...but you have got to check out KIVA if you have a heart for the poor. Microenterprise is quite possibly the future of world missions. (This is why I believe in what Empower is doing.

***/ Malcolm Gladwell

As far as I know, Gladwell is not a Christian but he is a wonderful, deep speaker. He talked about Civil War, the Economic meltdown and the most important virtue of a leader...HUMILITY. He did a great job. I believe he is a writer for the New Yorker and I am looking forward to diving into his book, Outliers soon.

There are so many take-aways from this leadership conference. I will talk about the rest of day one in my next post...but answer this question...Are you more worried about who is for or against you than you are about being facedown, fully yielding to God?

No comments: