Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kenya Feel It?

I've been falling behind on blogging. Sometimes life makes that happen. I am now into my version of finals week. There are actually two weeks left, but we leave for Kenya on Monday! Consequently, all my work for two weeks has to be done and submitted this week...including 2 finals, 4 quizzes, a gargantuan notebook on 1-2 Thessalonians translated from the Greek and a 7-10 page paper. The madness starts tonight in my night class with a final.

On to more important things...our Kenya Team Retreat was Sunday into Monday and it was great! There have been moments in this process where I've wanted to throw in the towel (or beat someone with the towel) but this team is gellin' like Magellan right now. It is neat to see the different qualities/attributes of the team members rising out of the things we've been doing.

Empower Worldwide Outreach's website is up and running and it looks fantastic. You need to check it out and then once we leave on June 1 for Kenya, you can follow our blog updates on that website to know how best to pray for us.

I covet your prayers. This is one of those weeks where I just need to stay afloat. Between school, church work and getting packed to go, I need to just find time to rest in the Lord and allow him to fill my cup so that I can discern how best to lead this team!

Kenya Feel it? Oh yeah we can! Kenya Do It? Oh yeah we can! (Cheesy cheer we had to do everytime we completed a low ropes initiative at the team building retreat!)

No comments: