Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Schnauz


You ever been locked in on a project or a game? So dialed in that if someone wanted to stop you, they wouldn't be able to?

That was my night last night. I play in a weekly basketball league and our team is pretty miserable. But we were playing another team near our record so we had some hope.

Everything I threw up at the basket was going in. 3 pointers, and-1 layups, freethrows...at one point I thought there were some Cavs Scouts looking at me, but it was just some old guy.

Then halfway through the second half, when people were whispering that I may be the next LeBron, I was playing defense (my first mistake) and a guy crushed my Schnauz with his forearm. Instant blood on the floor, blood all over me...good times.


Needless to say I wasn't quite locked in the rest of the evening. The Lord humbles the haughty. Meanwhile I had a couple more bloody nose moments then after the game. We did win by 20 however and I notched a career high (haha) 37 points. We are now tied as the second worst team in the league. Look out top seeds in the tourney, we're coming for ya...even if I have to look like Wally.

On the plus side, Cavs beat the Heat in Miami to finish up a tough road trip 3-1. They have taken over as the best record in the East, knocking the Celtics out of the top spot. Something special is happening in Cleveland this year...does anyone care?

No comments: