Sunday, February 15, 2009

I dig my wife

I have been down for the count this week. Some sort've bug that has wiped all my strength and has left me pretty miserable all week. I spent pretty much all day Friday in bed. Shaina, my lovely lady proceeds to have a work day from 6-2, gets home and takes care of my sorry butt (including whipping together an impromptu dinner, then was out the door to go to Wadsworth to help oversee a catered wedding reception dinner. She was home at 9:30 (I'd already been asleep in bed for nearly 2 hours) and she was up and out the door for work again Saturday shortly after 5 a.m. But she still managed to have a Valentines Day card on the counter for me when I woke up at 7.

I don't know how she does it, but I am thankful for her. This morning she is back at work again. Meanwhile, I continue my return to the living.

And here I am, a guy who views it as a major life sacrifice to sit down with her and watch a chick flick or food network. haha.

If you're married, what do you dig about your spouse? If you are looking forward to being married some day, what quality is the most desirable for your spouse.

No comments: