Sunday, October 19, 2008

The tabernacle




Today, I had the opportunity to bring the teaching of the Lord to our church. I worked us through the Old Testament notion of the tabernacle and how that is a relevant message for Christians in understanding what Heaven will be like.

I had a great time. I am learning more and more that God has wired me to utilize creativity or 'out of the box thinking' in worship and in teaching. I was blessed beyond description. The last service of the day in particular was powerful. There were a few of the older saints of the church who came forward and knelt before the Lord. There were tears and communion taking place in their midst and I was blessed to be a part of that. God is good...God's people are as well.

I thought I'd share the powerpoint slides I used. They were partially intended for humor, but more importantly they provide a visual aid for a difficult concept in the Bible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the every day Israelites were pirates? :-) Great idea using the legos. You definitely got the creative gene of the family! But what an awesome gift to use in your teachings. Keep it up!